Adoption Procedure & Application
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid photo ID.
- Must have landlord approval.
- Must have proof of vaccines for any other animals living at residence.
- Fill out our Adoption Survey.
- The Adoption Counselor (AC) will screen and review your application within 48 hours. The AC will then contact you and answer any questions you may have and set up an introduction to meet the dog.
- If all goes well at the introduction, the AC will arrange a time to either finalize the adoption or start the foster-to-adopt (FTA). The FTA is a maximum of a 2-week period for serious and committed adopters to work on making the dog’s transition to a permanent member of your family successful. During the FTA we will provide all supplies (crate, food, toys etc.) as well as access to our dog daycares, trainers and veterinarians should a medical need arise. Foster to adopt is only available for dogs with medical or behavioral issues, or for multi pet households in which a transition is needed.
- Adoptions shall take place immediately if the prospective dog gets along well with all members of the family.
- Our adoption fees are $300 for puppies 6 months and under, $250 for adult dogs, and $150 for seniors over the age of 7 years. All fees cover wellness exam, spay/neuter, all age-appropriate vaccinations, heartworm test, and microchip.
- At the finalization you will receive your new companion’s medical records, a copy of our adoption contract, and information about our community partners and continuing discounts. It is also at the finalization that the dog’s adoption fee must be paid and all supplies returned to the rescue.
- After your dog is finalized, you will receive benefits and support for the lifetime of the dog!
Adding a new fur-ever companion to your life and ready to make it official? Click the link below here to pay for their adoption fee.
$300 puppies 6 months and younger
$250 adult dogs
$150 seniors 7 years and older
* $100 deposit at our discretion, determined on a case-by-case basis, for dogs needing extra training that we will return upon proof of completed classes.