Program Operations Coordinator
The Program Operations Coordinator is responsible for managing volunteers, supplies and systems to efficiently carry out programming. Duties include maintaining communications with fosters and volunteers, coordinating program supplies, collaborating with staff and volunteers to effectively execute the foster and volunteer programs, administering online systems and managing an office and adoption space.
OTAT PDX’s Program Operations Coordinator will be responsible for our vital program coordination, which allows us to achieve our mission and maximize our impact in the community.
Supervised by the Executive Director and works closely with the Programs Manager and Development Director; interacts with Executive Director and high-level volunteers at weekly meetings.
- Managing foster volunteers through open communication, problem solving, mentoring and education
- Managing volunteers and coordinating volunteer teams and opportunities
- Coordinating with fosters and volunteers through email and by phone.
- Supply inventory, management and fulfillment
- Database, payment, and website updates, maintenance & troubleshooting
- Managing shared email inboxes
- Merchandise order fulfillment and shipping
- Monitoring internal social media groups
- Occasional dog transportation
- Community event planning
- Space management & maintenance
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 2 years of administrative experience is desired.
- You want to help transform good programming into great programming and know how to actualize these aspirations.
- You are an enthusiastic leader with good people skills and management experience, capable of managing diverse teams to reach a common goal.
- Initiating and completing projects is right up your alley and you know how to make timely, effective and ethical decisions. You embody the entrepreneurial spirit; a self-starter who crafts creative solutions and opens doors to new volunteer relationships.
- You actively and constantly listen to all perspectives, communicate well and have strong writing and speaking skills.
- You are familiar with Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets and CRM systems and willing to include Facebook in your workflow.
- You enjoy phone communications.
- You have experience with database management.
- You must have a valid driver’s license and personal vehicle.
- Experience and comfortable working with dogs of all ages and sizes, familiar with positive reinforcement and humane training. Able to lift 40-50lbs.
- WordPress experience is a plus.
- Volunteer management experience is a plus.
- Progressive mindset in line with OTAT PDX’s values.
- Warm, friendly and positive with staff, volunteers, fosters, and adopters.
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills.
- Calm, composed and solution-oriented when dealing with challenges.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills when working with people from different disciplines and backgrounds.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Goal oriented and highly motivated.
- Comfortable working independently.
- Effective and thorough communicator, particularly via email.
Compensation: $35k – 40k/year, non-exempt
Benefits: flexible work environment, health insurance, cute dogs.
Job Type: full-time, 40hrs/week
Paid Vacation Leave: 7 days
Paid Sick Leave: 7 days
Work Location: Combination on site and remote within the Portland metro area
Schedule: some weekends required; day shift
Apply by filling out the application form below. One Tail at a Time PDX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in all its forms.