Become a Foster Home
Fostering Is Free and Saves Lives
Without volunteer foster homes to help us save lives, we’re not able to give rescue dogs in need the chance they deserve. Join our team to welcome deserving dogs into the Good Life.
We Provide Everything
You provide the loving home, we provide everything else. OTAT PDX supplies all of its fosters with what’s needed to take care of the pup for as long as they’re in our care. All we ask is that you provide the patience, love, understanding. And pets; lots of pets.
Who Can Foster?
Anyone! Whether you live in an apartment or house, alone or with kids, cats, or husbands, there is a temporary dogmatch for you. We have foster homes who work full time out of the home and we are able to offer volunteer and staff support for most situations. Remember: it doesn’t have to be perfect; just good enough to save a life!
If interested, please fill out our foster application below. Upon completion, you will receive an automatic email that details next steps. Check your Spam/Junk folder if you don’t see it, or feel free to contact our Foster Coordinator at email@example.com with any questions about the status of your application.
What does OTAT Provide?
In an effort to make fostering as easy as possible and ensure that our foster homes have everything they need, we provide:
- Medications (when needed)
- Free training (when needed)
- Free doggie daycare or dog walking if you have longer work days
- Free boarding should you need to go out of town while fostering
- Reimbursement for any necessary out-of-pocket expenses *
* You are welcome to shower your foster pooch with extra toys or a new wardrobe, but we are not able to reimburse for expenses beyond the basics.